Call for applications for the Kosovo Research and Analysis Fellowship
September 22, 2021
Since 2016, the Kosovo Foundation for Open Society has fostered academic and policy research on Kosovo through a structured fellowship providing financial support and academic supervision to young scholars titled Kosovo Research and Analysis Fellowship (KRAF).
The fellowship aims to support regional research and increased cooperation between academic scholars and policy analysts from the EU and the Western Balkans, as well as disseminate knowledge about Kosovo.
Learn more about the fellowship here.
KFOS invites junior scholars and policy analysts to apply for the next cohort of the fellowship by October 17, 17:00 CET. The next cohort of projects is expected to begin in December and run through June 2022.
Application procedures and prioritized research topics can be found here.
WHAT WE OFFER
KRAF fellows will have the opportunity to:
- Receive support for their research and publicity work at the total amount of 3,000 EUR;
- Participate in a kick-off workshop during which they will attend master classes and get advice on their individual research projects.
- Receive research guidance from experienced academics for the entire duration of this project;
- Visit Kosovo and spend several days in data collection, interviews and meeting Kosovar policy makers and civil society as well as the other fellows;
- Publish research in an edited volume that will receive wide publicity in the EU countries and the Western Balkans
- Disseminate findings in both EU countries and the Western Balkans through various public events, dissemination acts, networking activities that are part of KFOS projects;
- Become members of an exciting new group of up and coming researchers who will devise creative and novel ideas for future research focusing on Kosovo and the Western Balkans.
For more information on the fellowship, application procedures, previous fellows and supervisors, please visit KRAF’s landing page.