The open call process for national grants is concluded
July 25, 2023
After a lengthy and rigorous reviewing process, the Kosovo Foundation for Open Society, KFOS, has concluded its selection process for awarding projects received through the open call for applications for grants. As a result of the call, open between May 16 and June 12, 2023, the Foundation received a record number of 80 applications with projects in three fields: EU integration and regional cooperation, just energy transition, and digital transformation .
All applications received in a timely manner, were carefully analyzed based on the criteria and priorities listed on the open call. Considering the limited amount of available funds and highly competitive applications, five projects were selected to be supported with a grant by the Board of Directors. These are:
- Jakova Innovation Center: Empowering Youth through Artificial Intelligence: Leveraging Job Creation Prospects in Kosovo (€24,916.5)
- Kosovo Glocal - Beyond Energy: Amplifying Voices for a Just Green Transition (€25,000.00)
- Center for Information, Critique and Action - QIKA - Advancing Gender Equality through Digitalization (€24,908.4)
- Balkan Green Foundation - SolarCollab: A Youth-led Energy Transition (€25,000.00)
- 7Arte - Harmony in Design: Fostering Inclusive and Eco-friendly Communities through Sustainable Architecture (€25,000.00)
These projects were distinguished for offering innovative solutions and their alignment with the Foundation’s strategic objectives, as well as having the potential for impact for change in their respective fields.