The East East Beyond Borders Program is implemented by the foundations of the Soros foundations/Open Society Institute (OSI) network in Central and Eastern Europe, Turkey, Central Asia, and Mongolia and with institutional partners in Slovenia, Croatia, Lithuania and Russia.
Through the foundations and institutional partners, the East East: Partnership Beyond Borders Program supports initiatives which inform and empower the development and expansion of open society, specifically through collaborative work among civic society organizations in more than one country, i.e., “beyond borders.” The Program’s mandate is to support initiatives designed to share ideas, expertise, experiences and knowledge and to promote practical actions that result from information and knowledge networking beyond borders.
The Program awards financial support to civil society actors and organizations which seek to engage beyond borders to
- build and/or strengthen resources and expertise;
- share best practices and lessons learned, successes and failures, in social transformation;
- collaborate on innovative solutions to common challenges; and,
- mobilize alliances and create and/or strengthen international advocacy coalitions.
The East East: Partnership Beyond Borders Program prioritizes long-term, in-depth initiatives with clear objectives to
- share alternative perspectives and experiences;
- make information accessible and available to the public;
- empower marginalized and/or vulnerable sectors of society; and,
- encourage public engagement and citizen empowerment.
The Subprogram for European Integration was launched in 2005 in collaboration with OSI-Brussels. The Subprogram prioritizes sharing experiences of the processes of EU accession in Central Europe with future EU member countries and EU neighbors.
The Program does not support
- individual travel/conference participation
- individual consultancies
- individual research projects
- world congresses and/or annual conferences
- hard science
- arts events
- book translation or publishing programs
- business, commercial and/or for-profit activities
The East East Beyond Borders Program is an initiative of the Open Society Foundation based in London which is a registered UK charity (OSF).Download the application Calendar of events
Program Coordinator for East East Beyond Borders Program
Tel: +381 (0)38 542 157/158/159/160 ext. 110