Please contact Roma English Language Program (RELP) at email@example.com for further information.
Roma English Language Program (RELP)
Call for applications 2013-2014
FULL SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR ROMA STUDENTS
Application deadline: June 25, 2013
Central European University (CEU) and the Open Society Foundations – Roma Initiatives Office are pleased to announce scholarship opportunities for the Academic Year 2013/2014 for a 9-month intensive English language training for young Roma with low level of English.
The program is offered at Central European University, Budapest and will run from October 2013 till June 2014.
The Roma English Language Program (RELP) aims to contribute to the personal development of young Roma university graduates from Central and Eastern Europe. The goal of the training is to enhance participants’ English language skills in order for them to successfully apply for career and internship opportunities at various local and international organizations, as well as for educational programs, such as the Roma Graduate Preparation Program (RGPP) at CEU. Furthermore, RELP works to build strong Roma youth leadership in terms of skills, knowledge, pride and commitment for the betterment of Roma communities.
The full scholarship offered to all successful candidates covers tuition fee, accommodation, health insurance, travel expenses and a monthly stipend.
- We welcome applications from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain and Turkey.
- Candidates must have completed a course of university education and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the summer of 2013
- Candidates should have a basic level of English, which allows them to fill in the Application Form in English
- Minimum computer literacy is a requirement for participation
- Candidates must be willing to live in Budapest for the duration of the training program. The program is designed for full-time students and would require accepted students to put on hold or give up their work/other studies during the entire duration of the program.
- Completed Application form (in English) – can be downloaded here
- CV (preferably in English). Recommended format is the Europass CV template, which can be downloaded at: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions/templates/doc.doc
- Copy of university diploma and transcript. (For candidates who have completed their university studies, but who have not yet received an official degree certificate, a formal official statement from their university confirming the degree is sufficient)
- Two recommendation letters (one should be from a university professor and one from NGO senior manager). Accepted both in the applicant’s native language or English. Recommendation letter template to be used can be downloaded here
- One page explanation of the applicant’s engagement in civil society activities or/and voluntary work as well as the general working experience in any sphere. Accepted both in the applicant’s native language or English
- Motivation letter (in the applicant’s native language) of approximately 1000 words, explaining the applicant’s motivation for applying for the Roma English Language Program. The letter should explain what is the main reason to apply, why he/she believes is the right person to benefit from program, how the program will help his/her long-term career plan, how his/her enrolment in the program will support Roma Inclusion in general during and/or after the studies.
Please note that all the documents listed above are required.
Applying for the Program:
Please send your application package
by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by fax to number: 0036 1 327 3190
by post to: CEU, Roma Access Programs, Nador u. 9
H-1051, Budapest, Hungary
Please contact us at email@example.com for further information.
RELP Application Form 2013-2014 RELP Recommendation Letter Template